13 Dec 2009
Hello again :D
Please grant me a chance to thank you for
Some of you gave us advices, some of you said nothing, but you all did a great job just by using our site. We were able to find lots of weak points. For example, we found that we aren’t satisfied with the whole performance of MyAnimeShelf. Ouch!
What did we do? During last week… we fully rewrote MyAnimeShelf engine *_* Now it isn’t that
Citizens of Russia and East Europe may still experience some problems through providers fault.
And here is a list of other sweeties:
- Password recovery service is working after all!
- New users don’t have to create ‘rooms’ for them by clicking a button anymore. All ‘rooms’ will be created automatically.
- My Stuff menu design was slightly changed.
- Everyone’s shelves design was slightly changed:
- «View all» button was added: it will bring up your full collection including preordered figurines (but no wished figurines).
- For those who enjoy creating their own shelves — you are now given an opportunity to choose a number of
shelf-linesfor each of your custom shelf. Thus you won’t have to view long empty shelves anymore, ya?
- We also removed grey empty squares in viewing mode. They are visible in editor mode only. I guess you understand what I’m talking about.
- If you upload at least one pic of your figurine, its avatar will have a dark brown border instead of grey on your shelf.
- Comments are now full AJAX. In other words, page won’t be fully refreshing while posting comments.
- Photo viewer is now also full AJAX.
- MyPhotos service now includes upload progress bar.
- Hentai filter was added to Photo spot :D
- Other manufacturer option was added to ‘Add a figure!’ form as we promised.
- Rating bug (the one which dealt with refreshing) was finally fixed! Yuppie!
- Several other (mostly IE) bugs were fixed. Why is IE so crappy?
I guess, that’s all for today. Finishing my monologue I’d like to say that this update was a massive preparation for the next one, which we intend to launch before the New Year. It will be a kind of winter present for our users and a first step to what MyAnimeShelf was truly planned to be.