15 Apr 2012
This is about a small update.
First, the photo viewer has been upgraded:
- Miniatures have been moved to the right.
- All the indents have been shrunk to free more room to the picture.
- Code has been largely rewritten, scrolling performance is higher (by the way the miniature animation has been removed for some browsers for not being smooth enough – I can explain if you’d like).
- A tricky photo resize script has been implemented. It resizes the photo in order to take all available space. It only works on all user photos page (explained below).
- The information on the photo is now shown in the right column.
Second, the page that lists all user’s photos that are public is finally released (guess many of you have been waiting for it :Р). It’s literally stuffed with scripts:
- Automatic download of photo miniatures while scrolling.
- Automatic download of next page while scrolling.
- Date filter (e.g. one can choose to view the photos starting from Sep 25th 2010). The date selection’s at the top and you can also click the certain date.
- Showing figures only / public albums only / altogether.
- As stated above the viewer’s new feature is implemented here: the picture downloaded is pre-resized to fit your monitor resolution (users possessing a small monitor will download a smaller picture and vice versa). This will be implemented everywhere if we don’t get any bugs.
The photo spot is probably going to be replaced with this as well, please share your thoughts on this issue.
It is also very important for us to get your wishes and remarks on the photo viewer. Did it get better or worse? What is it you don’t like about it? What else do you want to be in the viewer?
There have also been some very important fixes:
- Authorization cookie now lasts two years.
- An annoying bug in the post autosave has been fixed (autosave was executed even if the text field was empty so you could lose your post just like that).
Thank you for your attention! :)